Monday, August 2, 2010

Formula Calculating Interest Recurring Deposit

Octopus and the shaman



As is my custom, I also held far as possible from the football frenzy this year. However, for a few days (due to circumstances beyond my control ...) I took all my meals in front of a television on in July. And of course, that meant football. Many football. And the celebration of a victorious Germany.

's what I remember a night dive in the unknown universe.

First there was the octopus which predicted the outcome of games. I was quite surprised that we take this kind of omen, but it was fun. If there had been much ...

Then there was had a "report" on the German team who had praised his players for so many different nationalities, this symbol of immigration finally accepted and well integrated, this wealth, etc.. Germany "finally discovered the power of football mixed. (Oddly one has heard of this virtue when they were defeated.)

This report was not surprising, but still I was struck by his incantatory character. We were supposed to understand that Germany had won because she was mixed-and thus, by flipping, that the victory of Germany proved the superiority of miscegenation. There was nothing reasonable in there, no logical connection between the parts of the demonstration, any argument that would justify why the interbreeding would win a team.

And for good reason, how to justify it? It should say that black men are better athletes. Moreover, one dares say a little, but with tweezers. So make it clear that the mixing is good and it is this moral superiority that gives the victory? It goes much better if we only suggest.

Nothing surprising in the background, then, but I was struck by the magic this praise.

Then arrived the story of the adventures of hair I do not know which player. Yep, the presenters explained, he had a beard, and the team lost, he had shaved and they had won, then he continued to shave, and they still won.

I guess it was humor, but it might as well have not to be: there were no registered laughs, big smiles supported a wink. Just this series of absurdities, and the audience took it as he wished.

There, between the octopus soothsayer, miscegenation and beard magical jinx, I told myself it was still a lot for a single night of football on TV.

I do not know if it's new, where it comes from or what it means deeply. But that's what I'm pretty sure: we are not more rational than the Africans who pay wizards ensure victory for their team. Except that they claim to believe in magic, and we pretend that "it's just a joke" ... Until the day when it is no longer of any one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment