Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mysour Mallige Online Watch

Proudly absurd

As we talk of universalism, tolerance and immigration, we find ourselves frequently using the same kind of comparisons: "You do not want your neighbor to come paint your living room into a hot pink, it does not mean that you hate him because his is that color, "and other variants.

Unfortunately, the comparison also works the other way.

Imagine that you have made stupidity (yes, I begin by assuming you stupid. Sorry.) adopt a kid who turns out to be a thug doubled ungrateful. Finally, on edge, you hunt you by saying that it's not your problem. The concern? neighbors with whom he will go camping and he will attempt to loot the fridge will not agree. They may be angry with you and, ultimately, to band together to send the kid in you by ordering make the effort to educate or at least shut him up in your basement where it will not generate one.

You will understand, I mean the deprivation of citizenship for offenders of foreign origin. The first time I heard, I told myself that I was rather favorable, but it was just a rant Sarkozy's trying to win back public opinion.

It seemed completely obvious that we talked about offenders who have dual nationality. But I began to realize that no, we just talking about offenders of foreign origin (French for less than ten years), without further details. This raises concerns on all levels:

First, many "young" we probably would call "foreign" (as they are running around with t-shirts to my country Algeria death and other Bury Me in Africa ...) are exclusively French, and has been one, two, three generations. Much an individual could probably sort those who are really French, both legally, it gets stuck.

Second, even among those who come into French, I'm not sure many have dual citizenship. Check. For those who, I am not against the fact of their removal. It will make them feet. (Yes I know, it flies high. But it's a bit like the women in burkas: in my heart I do not care if these idiots choose to smother under their tent and I do not think the law will have a significant effect, but an opportunity to annoy some fundamentalists can not refuse.)

Finally, as my story was trying to illustrate, turn offenders who have no other nationality seems simply impossible . Their country of origin would not want it even if you paid and the balance in nature, stateless, has no beneficial effect even if it was feasible.

So, stop me if I'm wrong, but I think it's just another good opportunity for some to cry out against Nazism, for others to do the cocks, and for just about everyone of cry or laugh.

Meanwhile, I have a friend (s) with which fricotent French (es)-of-foreign origin. They do not wish to dispense with pre-marital sex or alcohol, because anyway, let's face it, it's awfully nice. But halal food has given them a way not too burdensome "to live their faith, and of course their partner is found to adopt the same menu.

I simply refuse to eat if you offer me, and not to applaud for their exotic adventures who tell me they will share a Ramadan dinner with the family of chérichou. (Ramadan, the month of fasting during which we only talk about food ...)

But if, as said Bardot, 80% of the meat sold in France is halal, I might as well stop playing the disbelieving and me invited to the party where you can sample pastries. Or not to eat pork, then at least we are sure that no imam was approaching. I hesitate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment